Goal: Shatter our Customers Expectations – Every time!!!
Getting Started on a Bank of Mauston Home Loan is Easier than Ever!
- Bank of Mauston has purchased an online application tool that is now located on the homepage of our our website.
- This is a tool to help customers start the loan process.
- This is not a pre-approval or pre-qualification service (and we have to be careful not to promote it as such) but it does allow a customer, or a potential customer, to get started outside of a face-to-face appointment.
- This is a free service for our customers and potential customers (FYI…there is a $20 charge to BOM for each application so we are marketing home loans only, at this time).
Benefits: (this is the fun part of talking to customers):
- We know, through current consumer trends and from speaking with realtors, that customers (particularly Millennials), sometimes do not want face-to-face appointments. Whether it’s because they are busy or want a more hands-off approach to the loan process, this tool will allow applicants the autonomy of getting started on the loan process.
- A home loan applicant can get started day or night, 7 days a week on the process. This tool allows customers to complete the beginning phases of a loan, on their time.
- Upon the submission of an application, Kerry and Keri will receive an immediate notification of the submission. If an applicant requests a certain lender, the information will be sent to that lender. If a lender is not specified, apps will be turned over to a lender in a rotation-type format.
- Our commitment to our customers is that applicants will be contacted the day of submission (if it is a business day). Any submissions after hours or a weekend will be managed the next business day.
- A friendly BOM lender will always contact the applicant directly to guide them through the next steps.
- Again, the main talking point for customers and potential customers, is the convenience factor. People can submit information in their jams, on a Sunday morning, a Saturday night, or any time that works for them! Our customers are asking for convenience and we have the perfect solution.
Contact Kerry or Keri with questions!
May 25th Marketing Updates – from Kelly
You can wear your own Red, White and Blue, Friday and Saturday in Honor of Memorial Day!
Please continue to talk with customers about the convenience, and simplicity, of our new home loan application “Get Started Here” tool on our website. There have been a few apps received through this tool so let’s keep talking about it! Please direct questions to Kerry or Keri. Thanks for your help in promoting this convenience service for our customers.
The Thomas Schmidt Memorial Scholarship awarded three $1,000 scholarships to Mauston High School students Jessica Patton, Rylie Honnold, and Mitchell Gray. Thanks to Dave for taking care of the presentation.
In addition, our very own Megan Casey had a great night as well. She will proudly graduate Summa Cum Laude and takes the top spot overall in her class, along with other well deserved honors, including scholarships. Congrats, Megan! You make your work family very proud!
KIWANIS CLUB UPDATE:
As you know, BOM is a corporate member of the Mauston Kiwanis Club. Here are some of the projects that are scheduled for 2017. There may be tweaks made to the details as the events become closer but it is a great overview of the many things this organization is involved with. If you are interested in helping at any of the events, please let Kelly know.
Friday, June 23: Brat Fry fundraiser at Festival Foods from 2 to 7 p.m. If you can carve out time to help, please let Kelly know. Shifts can very so be sure to let me know if you can help for an hour or so.
Saturday, July 8: Bart Fry fundraiser at Festival Foods from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours could vary. Shifts expected to be 10:30 to 2 p.m., and 2 to 5:30 p.m. Need around 4 people per shift. If can work most of a shift, please plan to do so, and someone can fill in.
Sunday, October 1: Kiwanis Golf Outing at Castle Rock Golf Course. 9-holes of play. 2:30 p.m. start time. 5:30 chicken dinner available. This event requires a substantial number of hands to make it work. Details to follow. No Packer game on that Sunday. There will be some set up times before the event and some duties to complete afterward. Times to be determined at our next meetings. The major requirement will be just prior to, during, and immediately after the event and meal. We sure could use a good number of hands this day!!
At our marketing meeting this morning, the group decided not to organize Barnyard Bash this year. We will still recognize June Dairy Days with the first of the month treats. We are checking into FFA shakes for the main bank. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
Bob’s mother, Irene Fait, passed away yesterday. She was 97 years old. We will be sending flowers. Arrangements are below:
Visitation Thursday, May 25 from 5-8 PM at Rembs Funeral Home and Crematory; 300 S Oak Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449
Visitation Friday, May 26 at 9:30 AM at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church with service to follow at 10:30 AM; 201 W Blodgett St, Marshfield, WI 54449
The summer lunch schedule is listed below. Please let me know if you can take a date and help out. Thanks so much for volunteering your time!
June 14 – Mary Elsing
June 21 – Karri Tessman
June 28 – Nancy Nelson
July 5 – Amanda “the birthday girl” Frank
July 12 – Dave
July 19 – Molly
July 26 – New Lisbon Ladies
Congratulations to Kayla Steckler. Kayla is a junior and MHS and will be our newest student teller.
Congratulations to Stacey Feldner. Stacey will be taking the full-time CSR position at the Dells and will start on the 30th of this month.
Don’t forget: if any BOM employee refers a candidate to BOM, HL, or Central and they are hired, you will earn a $50.00 new employee referral fee. We have openings available and we want people who will work within our culture and shatter our customer’s expectations. Thanks! Molly
PT/FT Title Searcher, HLT Mauston
PT CSR – New Lisbon
FT Loan Processor
Scarlett from Ecuador is the Compassion child BOM is sponsoring. The tellers will be writing the first letter to her. It would be great if we can send her letters once or twice a month. We can use a paper that Compassion will send us or we can go to the Compassion website and write the letter there. Let me know when you want to write to her and I can help you with the process. I am very excited about sponsoring Scarlet. I hope all of you enjoy this wonderful experience. 🙂
Bank of Mauston Mission Statement
To provide excellent, friendly, full financial service to our customers
- To respond to the financial needs of the community
- To preserve the integrity and safety of the bank’s deposits and capital
- To provide recognition, rewards, and development for staff
- To be profitable
- To treat each customer and associate the way we would like to be treated
Happy Anniversary to the following amazing employees! Thanks for your commitment and dedication to our mission!
Lauren Kiesling 5/3/99
Nancy Nelson 5/14/12
Jan Ryberg 5/31/06
Doug Bentley 5/23
Selena McDonald 5/24