skip to Main Content

Lost or Stolen Debit/Credit Cards

Buildings – W 2000

Bank of Mauston was formed in 1932 when the Depression forced the consolidation of the Juneau County State Bank and the State Bank of Mauston.

The new bank reopened after the closing of the Juneau County State Bank building.  That building was leased to the Post Office Department to house the Mauston Post Office.  Later, the building housed the Mauston Public Library. The Bank of Mauston moved to the location currently known as the Downtown Branch.

On March 28, 1935 three men held up the bank and shot Cashier R.H. Hale in the shoulder when he attempted to reach for his deer rifle in the vault.  All three men were captured and received long prison terms.  A year or so later there was another holdup attempt and Hale shot and killed the robber. 

On February 4, 1942, the Bank of Mauston purchased The Lyndon State Bank, located in Lyndon Station and renamed it the Bank of Mauston. 

In 1991 the Bank of Mauston built a new 14,000 square foot building to house its main office and over the years added branches in Wisconsin Dells, New Lisbon, and Necedah. 

One thing that has remained consistent with Bank of Mauston over the years is its commitment to the communities in the area.  With locations in five communities and thousands of dollars spent annually on community projects and in support of local organizations and efforts, Bank of Mauston truly lives up to its motto of “Helping Our Community Grow.” 

 

 

 

If you are looking to become a part of the BOM family, take a look at our employment opportunities 

Back To Top