At the Bank of Mauston, our customers’ security, convenience and service are paramount concerns. We are aware that privacy is critical, and growing even more important as the Information Age progresses. You have a right to expect that information you entrust to us will be treated with appropriate discretion.
1. RECOGNITION OF A CUSTOMER’S EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY
At Bank of Mauston, we believe the confidentiality and protection of customer information is one of our fundamental responsibilities. And while information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is our customers’ trust. Thus, the safekeeping of customer information is a priority for Bank of Mauston.
2. CUSTOMER BENEFITS OF BANK OF MAUSTON’S INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
We collect, retain and use information about you only where we reasonably believe that it will help administer our business or provide products, services and other opportunities to you. We collect and retain information about you only for specific business purposes – and we will tell you why we are collecting and retaining it upon your request. We use information to protect and administer your records, accounts, and funds; to comply with certain laws and regulations; to help us design or improve our products and services; to understand your financial needs so that we can provide you with quality products and superior service. Our Use of Information provisions explain these concepts in greater detail.
3. MAINTENANCE OF ACCURATE INFORMATION
Bank of Mauston continually strives to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your accounts. Should you ever believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us. We will investigate your concerns and also pledge to respond to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
4. LIMITING EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO INFORMATION
At Bank of Mauston, employee access to personally identifiable customer information is limited to those with a business reason to know such information. Employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and on these Privacy Principles. Because of the importance of these issues, all Bank of Mauston employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and employees who violate these Privacy Principles will be subject to disciplinary measures.
5. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION VIA ESTABLISHED SECURITY PROCEDURES
Bank of Mauston is committed to the security of your financial and personal information. All of our operational and data processing systems are in a secure environment that protects your account information from being accessed by third parties. We safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these procedures.
6. RESTRICTIONS ON THE DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We do not reveal specific information about your accounts or other personally identifiable data to parties outside our affiliated banks and companies for their independent use unless:
1. you request or authorize it
2. the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you
3. the information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency; or
4. the disclosure otherwise is lawfully permitted or required. We do not provide account or personal information to non-Bank of Mauston companies for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any non-financial products or services of those companies.
7. MAINTAINING CUSTOMER PRIVACY IN BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS WITH THIRD PARTIES
When the Bank of Mauston conducts business with third parties it requires its vendors, suppliers, and any company we have a joint marketing agreement with to maintain similar standards of conduct regarding the privacy of personally identifiable customer information provided to them.
8. PROVIDING PRIVACY INFORMATION TO CUSTOMERS AND RESPONDING TO INQUIRIES
Bank of Mauston recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of our customers. We want our customers to understand our commitment to privacy in our use of customer information. As a result of our commitment, we have developed these Privacy Principles which are made readily available to our customers. Customers who do have questions about these Privacy Principles or have a question about the privacy of their customer information should call the Bank of Mauston at 608-847-6200. Bank of Mauston reserves the right to make changes to this policy and to related procedures at anytime.